My Homeschooling Journal


Friday, November 1, 2013

Where we are now.

K-Age 20
Studying a semester abroad in Spain. Having the time of her life.

M-Age 19
Busy as a sophomore in college, taking 17 hours, participating in two choirs, trying to keep up her classical guitar practice, and having to learn piano.

J-Age 11
Just completed Ambleside Online Y5 term 1

A-Age 7  & D-Age 6
Just completed Ambleside Online Year 1 Term 1


Overall we had a good term.  J was the only one who did exams. I did tweak the exam some, because of some substitutions I made, but I tried to stay with the same format.  For some reason he enjoys the exams.  I think it lets him see all that he has learned, and brings closure to the term.  I have decided that  next term we we alternate between written and oral narrations for exam questions. It was a lot of writing for him.  His narrations would have probably been better, more thorough, if it hadn't been so much writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment