My Homeschooling Journal


Monday, September 5, 2011

What this Year Looks Like

     Over the years I have always enjoyed blog posts on what other people's plans for the year look like. Some people don't like doing this because they start to feel inadequate, or feel like they are not doing enough. One of the things that I have learned is that everyone who homeschools does something different depending on their circumstances, preferences, and experience. Looking at what other people do gives me new ideas and helps me to see things in a way I had not thought of before. After 12 years of homeschooling, I am still learning.

Here is what our homeschool plans look like this year. 2011-2012
I intend to post later on what each subject looks like.

K-Age-18 Freshman at TLU

Still at home, but I am no longer in charge of her education. Yay!

M-Age-17 Senior

Working through all of this on her own except the dual credit.

British Literature - IEW Excellence in Literature
Greek I & II - Rosetta Stone
Economics - Bluestocking Press Economics
Physics - Apologia Press
Classical Guitar w/Performance
Computer Technology - Home Made Projects
Personal Finace - Dave Ramsey
P.E. - Exercise at home
Choir - TLU Community Youth Choir

College Algebra - Dual Credit at local Community College
English I - Dual Credit at local Community College

J-Age-8 Third Grade

Ambleside Online Year 3
Bible - Veritas Press Chronicles through Malachi
Science - Apologia Exploring Creation through Astronomy 
and Real Science for kids, Chemistry
Math - Right Start Math Book C and Rod & Staff for more drill
Spelling - All About Spelling
Grammar - Rod & Staff English 3
Latin - Latina Christiana I
Handwriting -  Getty & Dubay Italics D
Choir - TLU Community Choir

Classical Guitar - Taking Lessons from big sister

A-Age-5

Phonics - Saxon Phonics K
Reader - Victory Drill Book
Handwriting - Getty & Dubay Italics A
Math - Rod & Staff Beginning Arithmetic 1

Classical Guitar - Taking Lessons from Big Sister

D-Age-4

Phonics - Saxon Phonics K
Handwriting - Getty & Dubay Italics A

A & D Together

Bible - Veritas Press Genesis through Joshua

J, A, & D Together

Artist Study - Charlotte Mason Style / Term 1 Michaelangelo
Art - Artistic Pursuits - Book One
Poetry - Term 1 / William Blake
Geography - Geography Songs
Bible Memory - Sing The Word Great in Counsel Mighty in Deed
Read-A-Louds from Various Sources


This will serve me as a record. I intend to post mid year to see how much has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment