My Homeschooling Journal


Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fun Fridays

     This Year I am trying something new. I'll see how it goes. I've decided to leave Fridays for the things that we usually run out of time to do like Art, Handicrafts, any unfinished assignments, etc.

     This year for art we are using Artistic Pursuits  Grades K-3 Book One to generate ideas. We also do picture study, Charlotte Mason Style, and try to duplicate the artwork.

     Last Friday D-Age-4 was not interested in the assignment we were working on. It involved using a photograph to inspire your own artwork. All he wanted to do was play with his paint on several pieces of copy paper. This morning I was surprised when he brought me this drawing. I thought J-Age-8 had helped him, but he assured me he hadn't. It might not look like much to you, but if you knew "Hamesh" personally, you would realize that there is a striking resemblence.

Hamesh is Diego's Favorite Toy

by Abby Age 5 using a National Geographic Photograph as inspiration.

by Jorgie Age 8



No comments:

Post a Comment